Friday 16 November 2012

What to say...what to say...

Rubs hands together. Sooo it's been awhile. I was doing really good there for a bit and then I took a nap or something and fell off the radar. I'll try not to let that happen again. So how are things? Let me explain, no it is too much, let me sum up (nod to The Princess Bride): DS is sleeping better, DD is getting more nosebleeds, DH is going to India for a month and me? Well I'm getting my haircut tomorrow and it's consuming all my thoughts...okay most of my thoughts...alright my thought right now but it's there!

I live in a ponytail. This is sort of a mom thing, if I didn't my son would not only have fistfuls of my hair but he'd also have mouthfuls it would not be pretty (incidentally even when my hair is up he still gets fistfuls of the tiny hairs at the base of my neck and then he'll PULL). So my hair is up, constantly, and now it has gotten to the point that it's giving me headaches. *sigh* There is more than one reason it's giving me a headache one it is too heavy for my head therefore it aches. More importantly there is grey in there and it won't shut up! It's such loud grey hair, it taunts me! Calls me old! I need to shut up the grey hair so I will cut it and cover it with dye and no one will ever...oh...wait...you'll know BUT you won't be able to tell and that's all that matters. Muahahaha...you know I don't think this is an evil laugh moment...I really need to move on from my hair...sooo let's go back to the kidlets, they're cute and...go:

Gorgeous kids hey? :)
They are still the light of my life. Right now they are both sleeping and it is blissful. Lately it's been getting drier so DD has been getting nosebleeds. The poor dear gets SO frightened by any liquid feeling near her nose that she panics even if her nose is just running. Sometimes it does bleed and doing damage control in that situation in the middle of the night is...challenging.

There was one night when she woke up screaming as though someone had punched her in the nose. I jumped out of bed, no really I jumped into the air and landed on the floor I think I could have pulled something. My reason for reacting this way is simple, she's been known to come screaming into our room with her hands out as if she is bleeding out (she's not, ever, her crying usually makes it worse) and needless to say this does not help the baby keep sleeping. So I've become attuned to hearing her make a noise before she's opened her door so I can intercept and lead her to the bathroom. I'm getting pretty good at this...I'm very stealth. :)

Anyway this problem needs to be resolved soon, we're looking into getting a humidifier for her room to hopefully curb the issue so I don't have to leap out of my bed like a ninja in a nursing bra ;)

DS is still not sleeping through the night, however he is at least giving me longer stints between feeds. (These would be easier to enjoy if the aforementioned nosebleeds didn't occur in between these feedings) Sometimes he'll wake up only a couple of hours after he has last ate so these days I try the soother first and a little cuddle and usually he falls back asleep. I know my baby won't be a baby forever so it really doesn't bother me that he doesn't sleep through the night. I love to cuddle my little man and sometimes I'll just give in and have him next to me and then everything is right with the world. Remind me I said this when he's crawling into my bed at 5 and 6 years old...lol

Which brings me to DH and India, oh India, if only you didn't need my husband to come and fix you. Okay so he's not fixing the whole darn country but the people who work for his company need him out there. SO he goes, for a month...yeah that's right...a month. Remember when he was going away for 5 days and I wanted to hold onto his leg and kick and scream?? I'm not doing that this time...nope, I'm going to hide out at my parent's until my husband comes back...lol It just so happens that when he's planning to go was RIGHT after we were planning to return from visiting my parents for Christmas. SO instead I said to extend the tickets for the kids and I and we'll stay there. The best scenario is us being home here as a family of four, but if he has to go for work then the NEXT best scenario is this one. My parents get extra time with their grandkids (and me) and I won't get so overwhelmed that I'll drown in mommying. I have NO idea how single parents do it, I don't...guys I'm a wimp I can't do it. So I'll stomp my feet and run home to MY mommy and daddy for help.

 And that's all for now folks...I'll try to do a better job of blogging regularly. I forgot how fun it is. However, now my butt needs to go to bed...which is sad cause it's not even ten yet. I am a party ANIMAL...oh wait no...I'm a mom...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment